NEWS: A Saskatchewan jury found Gerald Stanley not guilty of killing 22 year old Colten Boushie from Red Pheasant First Nation early Friday evening sparking an outcry of injustice from the family and leaders from across the country. The hashtag #JusticeForColten is trending tonight as many people are taking to social media to express their condolences, outrage and disbelief including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Several rallies have been organized in most major cities including;
- SASKATOON, FEB 10: 1pm at Court of Queen’s Bench, (520 Spadina Ave)
- REGINA, FEB 10: 11am at Queen’s Bench Courthouse (2425 Victoria Avenue)
- OTTAWA, FEB 10: NOON – vigil on Parliament Hill
- EDMONTON, FEB 10: NOON – Edmonton Police Service (9620-103A Avenue)
- EDMONTON, FEB 16: 6 pm – Alberta Legislature Building (10800 97 Ave NW)
- WINNIPEG, FEB 10: 2-5pm Odena at the Forks
- RED DEER AND AREA, FEB 12: 6 PM
- VANCOUVER, FEB 10: 12:30 PST CBC Vancouver (700 Hamilton Street)
- VICTORIA, FEB 10: 11am in front of the BC provincial law courts. (850 Burdett Ave)
- CALGARY, FEB 11: City Hall at 6pm
- TORONTO, FEB 11: 1 pm: Nathan Phillips Square
- KITCHENER-WATERLOO, FEB 11: 10 AM – 12 PM, Victoria Park
- THUNDER BAY, Feb 10: 6:30pm – 9:30pm Hillcrest Park
- YELLOWKNIFE, Feb 10: 1pm, Yellowknife Post Office (50th Ave)
- YORKTON, Feb 10: 1pm – 3pm, City Centre Park (on Broadway)
- HALIFAX, Feb 10: 6pm, Halifax Court House (5250 Spring Garden Rd)
- LONDON, Feb 12: 9am – 1pm, Victoria Park (580 Clarence St)
- OPASKWAYAK CREE NATION, FEB 10: NOON at GLMCC parking lot at OCN sign. Wear Red!
- PALM BEACH COUNTY FLORIDA: FEB 10 (Schoolhouse Children’s Museum & Learning Center 129 E Ocean Ave)
A Go Fund Me page has also been set up to support the family of Boushie in their time of mourning and healing, and on their journey for justice. This fundraiser is an initiative of the Indigenous Joint Action Coalition (IJAC), a student group at the University of Saskatchewan.